Our anti-Covid-19 measures
1This page is constantly updated.
Do you have doubts about booking a holiday or a stay in our B&B because of the Coronavirus?
We understand your concerns and are available to answer any questions. Especially for you we have prepared a list to clear up any doubts you may have.
A Covid-19 proof holiday
At Bed & Breakfast Carpe Diem you can stay safe in spite of the Covid-19 and have a safe holiday. Why?
- You will be staying in a small village. Solferino is charmingly small with just over 2000 inhabitants. It is situated in the green and peaceful Garda Hills.
- Our small B&B can accommodate a maximum of 9 people.
- We offer a wide choice of activities (link: activities) to do outdoors in quiet places.
- In almost all restaurants in Solferino you can eat outside when the weather is fine
- We give you tips about visiting less crowded places and we can advice you on how to avoid mass tourism.
The general rules
Here is a list of the general rules that apply throughout Italy to protect both you and us:
- Keep 1 metre distance.
- You must wear a face mask in all indoor public spaces and covered areas: at the supermarket, in restaurants (when not eating) and on public transport. Even outdoors you must wear a mask in all situations where you are among people (except during sport or when you are completely alone, e.g. on an empty beach, on a country road, in the forest and in places without other people around).
- From 19/05 a curfew is in force between 11pm and 5am. The only exceptions in that time frame are for work or for health reasons.
From 07/06 the curfew will be from 12pm.
From 21/06 the curfew will be cancelled.
- Shopping centres are open again during the weekend.
- From 01/06 it is also possible to have lunch and dinner inside restaurants.
- From 15/06 the amusement and theme parks will open again, Gardaland, Canevaworld, Movieland and all the parks near the lake.
The safety measures in the Bed & Breakfast Carpe Diem
It goes without saying that inside Bed & Breakfast Carpe Diem all legal safety and protective measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19 are respected.
Hygiene has always been one of our most important priorities. Actually most of the measures regarding cleaning and breakfast preparation were already in place.
To protect you we welcome you with a face mask and ask you to do the same when we meet at the B&B on your arrival. We will accompany you to your room, as we usually do, and we will give you information about the room and the common areas of the B&B.To protect you we welcome you with a face mask and ask you to do the same when we meet at the B&B on your arrival. We will accompany you to your room, as we usually do, and we will give you information about the room and the common areas of the B&B.
The keys are disinfected and placed in a plastic bag afterwards. This happens at every change of guests.
We need your ID card or passport details to register you. Kindly send us a photo or scan before your arrival or send us a message via Whatsapp with a photo of your document.
The common areas
In the entrance hall you will find information on the safety measures that must be observed in the common areas inside our B&B.
- Keep 1 metre distance from other guests (this does not apply to members of the same family).
- Wear a face mask (when not sitting at the table).
- Before entering the common public areas, disinfect your handswith the disinfectant hand gel available to our guests.
We also advise not to walk barefoot in the B&B.
We have removed flyers and brochures but they are always available upon request. We also have digital information on the most important places of interest and activities for your safety and convenience.
We regularly disinfect door handles and stair railings.
Disinfectant gel and hand soap are available in all rooms.
We have removed most of the unnecessary items such as: decorations, doilies, rugs, blankets and extra pillows (whichare available on request).
The TV and air conditioning remote controls are disinfected and stored in a plastic bag. The room is equipped with pedal-operated waste bins.
The rooms are cleaned every day between 10.30 am and 12.30 am in the absence of guests. During cleaning the rooms are ventilated and the cleaner wears latex gloves and personal protective equipment. The surfaces that are frequently touched are cleaned with extra care.
It is also possible, at your express wish, to request no daily cleaningof your room during your stay in our B&B.
We suggest that you open the windows of your room regularly and that you limit the use of air conditioning as much as possible.
Before new guests arrive the rooms are completely disinfected and cleaned with a steam machine.
Unfortunately we cannot offer our usual buffet breakfast but all the products we normally offer are available. Each day of your stay you will receive a list with all our available dishes to choose from. The next day you will be served the personalised breakfast that you chose the day before. It will be served in the breakfast room or, if the weather is fine, outside on our terrace. On request breakfast can also be served in your room.
Before breakfast we ask you to disinfect your hands with the disinfectant gel.
When preparing breakfast we wear latex gloves and follow the HCCP rules. Of course we wash our hands thoroughly before serving you and wear a face mask during service.
The courtyard garden and terrace
In the courtyard garden and on the terrace we guarantee the recommended distance between guests’ tables.
During any activity we do together we keep a distance of 1 metre and we wear a face mask (when not sitting and eating at the table).
On the day of departure we ask you to leave the room no later than 10.00 a.m. because we have to clean and disinfect the rooms thoroughly.
We wash the bath and bed linen at 60°C.
We replace pillows and duvets as much as possible between guests’s stays. If you want to bring your own pillow, please let us know in advance. The pillow protectors and mattress protectors are washed after each stay.
Do you have any symptoms?
In case of symptoms (dry cough, fever, sore throat, breathing difficulties) stay in your room and contact the owner of the accommodation immediately. B&B Carpe Diem will inform the competent health authority (by contacting the emergency numbers for Covid-19 indicated by the Lombardy Region).
If something is not clear, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Our guests’ experiences in times of Covid-19
We felt very safe and secure
We have been especially cautious about traveling in these times of Covid-19. Our family was for the second time at Bed & Breakfast Carpe Diem and we felt very safe and secure throughout our stay. Everything was very clean and the protective measures to prevent Covid-19 transmission were applied. The usual breakfast buffet was not available but thanks to a list with the available food and drinks, we created our own personal mini breakfast buffet. We had the breakfast in the terrace but upon request breakfast can also be served in the room. Also this time An has given us a lot tips and information to explore the area, she advised us less crowded places and open air activities. We definitely recommend everyone to stay in this charming Bed & Breakfast.